Commit 3-30-16: Added Icons

Replacement field with green plus button on the right

Icons have been added to the config to make it look better. They may be added elsewhere soon.

At this time, I am enough satisfied with the UI to mark it as complete. All that is left is dealing with the toggleActive bug and (if possible) the image linking bug. Once those are fixed, the extension will be ready to publish. Thank you for reading.

Commit 3-17-16: Config Options Implemented

The whitelist and name replacement options have now been implemented. Work will be done to improve the UI and look of the application.

NameBlock Options
(dead name censored for privacy)

New resources list

The list of resources has been expanded as well, now including TSER, TYEF, TLPI, HRC Welcoming Schools, and the Point Foundation alongside config options. The image links and toggle active are still non-functional. Those are the next places on the roadmap to fix. As soon as those are repaired and the UI is complete, the app will be ready to publish. Thank you for following along.

Commit 3-16-16: Substitution working!

NameBlock popup

The substitution function is up and running! I’d show an image, but I’d prefer to not share my dead name. I’ve also added the beginning of the UI for the popup, as pictured above. A few problems, though:

  • Forms to set name and whitelist NYI. (the whitelist is functioning, however)
  • Active toggle not currently functioning.
  • The images don’t link properly; the Config image opening the page in the popup and the TSER and TYEF links not working at all.

There will eventually be more resources and links, but three is all there are for now. Thank you for reading.

Commit 3-15-16: Substitution Nearly Implemented, HTML Framework Added

Right now, the substitution is about 80% done. I just need to test it to make sure it’s working properly.

I’ve added options.html which will be used to select options for the extension, such as the whitelist, dead name, and real name. Currently, all options.html has is a head with links to all the CSS and JS files that will be used. The UI will be added soon.

 

In website news, the DNS records have finally been fixed for this site to appear at its proper url of nameblock.bbkr.space. I’ve also added a PayPal donate link, in case you would like to support NameBlock and any other projects I create in the future. Thank you for your support.

Commit 3-14-16: Folder Organization, Function Creation

New commit added to GitHub. Features include:

  • Organization of files into separate folders based on file type
  • Addition of text replacement function (not yet implemented)
  • Added ability to disable text replacement
  • Addition of JQuery 2.2.1

Currently on the roadmap:

  • Implement text substitution
  • Create UI to set name replacement and access resources

Initial Commit

The git for NameBlock has been set up! You can view it right here. There isn’t much so far, but the framework for the extension has been created. This is what will be worked off for the rest of the project. I want this to be something anyone can use, so I’m making it free and open source. Anyone can make a fork and modify it as their own, either to fix problems or add more resources. I myself am going to use code from other programs to supplement this one, so I don’t have the right to say that people can’t change and adapt mine.